Saturday, September 27, 2008

So we walk into this ice cream shoppe...

Here's a quandry- what do you do when you have a rebellious teen who wants to express his/her individuality, spread the invariable wings, as they say, stand out from the crowd, be his/ her own person, march to the beat of their own drummer (I could go on and on)...and change their natural-born hair color?? Not with sunkissed highlights, or even subtle streaks a few shades darker-I'm talking a complete and total revamp, something outrageous, something...purple??













What happens when it is not an experimental teen, but someone's sweet ice cream buying and sharing gramma? Do you think she knows her hair is purple? Do those around her know? Is she excited for Halloween and trying out a new "kid-pleasing" look? Is she a trend-setter? Did she let a loved one try out a new color technique that went a bit awry? So many questions... perhaps she is one of those red hat society ladies, I do think they do the red and purple- maybe she is running for chapter president? If she is running, I think she should be the winner because I see 110% commitment here!!


(*nice gray-sweatered shoulder of mine in the right corner and definitely a love/ not love relationship with the cell phone cam, but I don't know if this sight could've been believed without the benefit of modern technology)...

4 comments:

Alison said...

Kirsten you are cracking me up! I would not have believed you without that great pic! =)
Hmmmm....=)

Jessica said...

LOVE the cell phone shot--a true blogger is never without the evidence for a post.

Thanks for your comment on my blog. My husband last night said, "It doesn't seem like you are very excited about my BIggest Loser contest." Um, no. I will not only gain a million pounds in the next month, but then I will have the baby and just look really fat instead of really pregnant, for at least 6 months.

BUt good luck with your male metabolism and then 3 lbs a week you're about to lose.

kthom said...

So I come back to your blog each day to get a good laugh and see the TWO comments...nicely done. Any chance that the legendary Evil Kanevil (?) will need purple hair as well?

The Texas Links said...

That seriously looks like my Aunt Janice. Utah??? Hilarious, though. Maybe she's colorblind and really doesn't know and no one had the heart to tell her. Makes you just want to put your arm around her and take her to the salon.