Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Jens, Jan, and Marsha...

So my agile little bro, Jens, and my superfun/superfan mom came for a sweet little weekend adventure--Uncle Jens entertained his adoring fans with a variety of excellent skills. Jumping in the air with Kylie on his shoulders was a big hit and fortunately, no ceiling fans or heads were injured in the process!! Curtis was so blown away that he had to keep lounging on the couch while looking in the other direction...

Gramma Jan soaked in the 14-year-old boys Junior Jazz basketball scene with the Goff girlies! It was absolutely intense and Curtis' team totally pulled out the 24-23 victory-- whew!!


Zander and Cael were so pleased to be released into their natural outdoor habitat, where they were free to run, climb, slide, run, and run!! Hopefully this 55degree weather is a great sign of things to come!! You know you're not in California when 55 degrees is considered balmy...


Morgan, Kendell, and our pal, Chelby, refined their driving/looking super-cool skills--it was just that kind of a day...



The mother of this bunch continued in her quest to gather all possible infomation related to what may be one of the best shows ever created and executed, of course I speak of "The Brady Bunch!!"
I have always been a Brady fan--the reruns we watched on our 9" Sony Trinitron made coming home from school each day just that much better for me!! Oh, the groovy adventures they had in each and every episode--among my personal faves are Jan's dark and curly wig (that had to be someone's real-life experience somewhere, I'm sure all girls with long, smooth, blond hair just dream of short, permy, brunette wigs); Bobby getting his clean, startched clothing soiled while carrying out his duty as a member of the school safety patrol and deciding to wash said clothing with all of the detergent he could find--oh the wacky, bubbly mess that ensued in the casa de Brady! Cousin Oliver and the faulty hair dye/orange rabbits business; the Hawaiin adventure with the Tiki that Bobby found that caused so much trouble (no worries--it all worked out okay); the hot date of Greg's in the blue convertible at the drive-in where the frog jumped onto the pizza-eewww; Marsha and Jan working at the ice cream parlor and the best worker getting to keep the gig--in the end it was actually Jan that prevailed, leaving Marsha more time to go out with cute boys! So much quality television and awesomely (I am not sure that is an actual word, but it fits) enough, you can buy this quality show on DVD so the indoctrination can be passed on to future generations!! One of my big dreams in life is to hunt down Seasons 4 and 5--the format was switched on me after we had already purchased and thoroughly enjoyed the first 3 Seasons. Now they have the whole series available as an entire set only, which is great unless you only need Seasons 4 & 5--oh well.
Because of my adoration (that's a pretty strong word there) of the show, I feel like I need to have as much background on the people that are the Brady's. I've seen Florence Henderson sing about how much she loves cooking with Wesson Oil. I have watched every Brady-related "Biography" that A&E offers. I have read Greg's book, "Growing Up Brady" when it came out in the early 90's and while I loved the inside scoop on each and every episode, I was bummed at the "real-life" and "less-than-Brady-esque" lives that were led by my favorite Brady's. I know that they are only human (or are they dancing?), but maybe I don't really need all this info. I know Peter has had some risque reality show with his wife on TV (come on, Peter! Would he really want his mom watching? I'll have to pass on that one...) And now Marsha has her book that I need to just finish so I can move on with my life. So far on this lovely day, my not quite complete review can be summed up in two words, "uh, wow..." and as a sidenote "Mom always said don't play ball in the house!"



3 comments:

Kim said...

I watched some episodes, we sang the theme song at my house and I have met Bobby, he was a patient (along with his family) at the derm office I worked for. He seemed really nice.

Alison said...

I didn't realize you were such a Brady fan! I think that the DVD set would be great to have. Good luck finding the missing sets...try ebay?
Looks like you are having a great time with the "warm" weather. We can't wait to reach 50 degrees either. Glad you had fun with your mom and brother.

kthom said...

"Uh, wow is right!" Can't forget Jan and the secret locket...It was a valiant effort by Greg to have the entire family re-enact the night's events that led up to Jan losing the precious locket. But in the end......it was thanks to Alice and her old typewriter with the hanging "Y" that gave it away!! She always knew how to make us "middle kids" feel better. I too am a big fan of reading the inside scoop on real people but I must admit- I'm not feeling the lure of knowing anymore about one Ms. McCormick. Your preview over the phone today was good enough for me. Finish the book and then go take a shower! XOXOOXOXO