Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Incredible, Edible Egg...


Easter Eve started out "eggs" tra special with our ward's very first Easter Egg Hunt at our building's new outdoor pavillion--we had clouds but no morning rain, hooray for us!! Kylie scored an awesome red dinosaur head egg, Curtis continued to lament the fact that we actually used up the bag of sweet-tart jelly beans to fill the plastic eggs with instead of keeping them all at home for him to eat--too bad, so sad. It was a delightful little event and Curtis knows he would rock in a 14-years-old and older category next year...
You know Spring has sprung when the leader of the pack gets the backyard projects underway--the dahlia's are going to love their new Paul-installed dripline...
Of course, the eggs must be dyed!! 5 bowls of color seemed to work well for the 5 egg-dyers...


Ooohh, eeeggggss...



For the record, the nearly-red egg is the sole property of Cael and he most certainly will not be relinquishing said egg, and under no circumstances should you challenge him on this or even think otherwise...
HAPPY EASTER TO YOU!!




3 comments:

Kim said...

I kept forgetting to cook the eggs and when my kids asked again Saturday afternoon when we were going to dye the eggs, I said now. I didn't have time to cook the eggs and wait for them to cool so we dyed the raw eggs. My kids loved it! Cute eggs!

Shawna B. said...

A Happy Easter indeed! Especially with all your festivities and Cael's red egg. I think every child sort of has "that egg" - the one no one else can even THINK about touching! Holidays with children are magical!

Give a big hello to your family for me! When can we see you guys?

jessica said...

Hi Kirsten:)

Thanks for the comment. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who can't keep pets alive.

When I downloaded live writer, I didn't have any problems. It accepted my blog without any issues. It was so easy, that is why I always recommend it to people. I'm sorry it's giving you such grief. I hope it works for you, it has really made blogging easier and faster for me.

Good luck with that!