Sunday, January 4, 2009

Snowy, Icy, and a Bummer...

Fun times were had this week with lots of sledding for the Goff "yes we are still off-track" Crew! It turns out that Cael is a big fan of sleds, tubes, hills, snow; by himself, with someone else, he wants to go again...


Uncle Allen and Aunt Jessica are also big fans of sledding and introduced us to a great park by their house with a seriously just-right hill--big, but not too big. Big enough though, that if there is, say a guy walking his dog across the snow at the bottom of the hill, that guy may need to seriously speed up before his pooch is pummeled by an oncoming sled carrying 2 adults (perhaps the two that are pictured here) that may or may not be out of control...

We had so much fun sledding with the cousins, that we had to go again the next day, because guess what? More fresh snow for us!! It does come in handy to have a strong and helpful teenager that can give a good push-start...

Kylie, Morgan, Cael, Kendell, and Curtis--sure they look cheery enough, but behind those smiles, their eye are chanting "we need snow pants, we need snow pants..."



So here's me and Kylie on a pleasant, non-icy day. I do love a softly falling snow, but I am not a fan of a non-softly falling me. (I spent 2 long winters in less-than-balmy Rexburg, Idaho, my point being that I do have some experience with icy conditions and I should know better than to slip and fall!) Paul and I were on a hot Saturday night date at Sam's Club, unloading the stuff into the trunk. As gallant Paul took the cart back (and the temperature read 4 degrees), I attempted to enter the car and start the engine, only instead, I completely lost my footing and hit my left shin on the underside of the passenger side door, as I landed less-than-gracefully and extremely HARD on my rear end. I would not recommend this activity to anyone, although, thanks to my good pal Ibuprofin and numerous ice packs, not to mention the love and support of a helpful fam (from a distance, mom can't take any sudden movements for the time being), I will pull through. I may, however, start wearing spikey golf shoes outside, or perhaps I will just stay in...




3 comments:

yennu said...

We hope you feel better soon. Luckily the kids are off track so they can be lots of help =0) The slippery Sam's parking lot will do it every time!

kthom said...

So good to talk to you today. Sorry about the 'ole slip and slide....I guess no more dancing for a while huh?!

The Texas Links said...

We, here in good ol', balmy Texas..sure are jealous of your lovely white stuff. I don't think I've ever been "real" sledding. I don't think that being pulled behind a Suburban, sitting on a trash can lid qualifies...