Thursday, January 29, 2009

You Know You've Got a Couple of 3-Year-Olds in the House...

...if your Kitchenaid beater serves more than one purpose...

...if your blinds double as a super-cool hangout for every available Incredible...


...if your computer regularly features the Youtube versions of awesome Fantasyland rides at Disneyland...


...if your lunchtime includes Mickey waffles, mandarin oranges, 2 different Mac trucks, 1 piggy car...



...if the back of your couch is slathered in Desitin...


Now normally, I like our home to smell warm and inviting, like winter candy apple, or cinnamon, or something tasty baking in the oven--generally, something in the family of pleasant fragrances. But for the next little bit, (to escape the mudanity of an olfactory rut) why not mix things up with a distinctive aromatic cocktail of zinc oxide and cod liver oil?! Wow. But on the bright side, no diper rash for the back of the couch...

8 comments:

Stacy said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! This is almost as bad as when my husband was left to watch our then 2 year old. I came home to a steak knife in the living room with a murdered couch and pillows.

Heather said...

It looks like nothing but goodtimes at your house!

Jen Paris said...

wow.

that is about all I can say...

:)

kthom said...

I don't know what I liked best...Eddie and Freddie held captive in the mixer thingy, or the desitin....was that Pinnochio I saw?? Your earning MAJOR patience points everyday and I love you. Maybe you need to bust out some wooden spoons? Just a thought!XOXO

Emily Hyte said...

The couch IS safe from diaper rash! I was thinking, there might be some risk, guess Cael felt the same. Really funny-but it's not my couch! What takes out Desitin??

Rachel and Ben said...

Everyday is an adventure at the Goff house. Two busy little boys are always fun!

Alison said...

Hope the couch is doing better! Hey, at least it is the back right? My couches are just gross, I think maybe Desitin would help hide all the stains on it...hmmm. You're right about the smell though. =)
I am curious if it came off. Every time I look at this post I just have to smile. Three year olds really are the greatest even when they are mischievious.

yennu said...

I agree with the WOW comment. We had bag balm all over the dresser and floor once. Not a great smell either, but Desitin is a little thicker and greaser. How did you get that off, just for future reference? Many gold stars for you.