Monday, October 6, 2008

October has arrived...

Here are the sights and sounds of early October at the casa de Goff...

We love Conference weekend! Great messages, beautiful music (we totally caught a glimpse of my SIL, Jen's cute mom, Risa, who is in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir), and incredibly, the children of the family didn't seem to mind not sitting nicely in the 2nd row in the cultural hall (our usual spot, with soft chairs, though) for church services. They will so be in Sunday best next week...

My lovely ladies are absolutely delighted with the jazzy dance costumes they have inherited from my cute neighbor-the choreography that these ensembles have inspired would dazzle you (Straight up, Paula Abdul, watch out)...
We finally harvested our pumpkin crop- 2 1/2 measley pumpkins! They are lovely pumpkins indeed, don't get me wrong, but the "daddy," "mommy," and "baby" pumpkins (thank you, Cael, for the clever names there) do not hold a candle to the bumper crop of 14 pumpkins that graced our garden last year! Oh well, we love what we've got and we'll be thankful (and we'll come up with a new strategy for next year's garden, like weeding regularly)...




What did turn out beautiful and abundant are our dahlias!! Paul's cute Grampa Ikie has always had a special way with this beautiful flower, and the green thumb (not to be confused with green jeans) has been passed on to my industrious husband, who is so gracious to share the bounty!! Actually, if you have any extra pumpkins you want to swap for dahlias...

4 comments:

yennu said...

What fun cousins. We love to see pics on the blog. I love fall also. Conference is so much fun playing "Where's Gramma Jorgen". The Dahlia's are beautiful I think Grandpa Paul would (is) be very proud!! Enjoy the next few weeks.

Alison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alison said...

LOVE your dahlias! Love that you have a garden too. Your two pumpkins are two more than we got. Someday....yes, someday I would love to have a garden.

Maranda said...

Kirsten!

I saw your comment on Jen's blog. Love your cute blog! E-mail me and I;ll send an invite to ours. My e-mail is mscarlile@yahoo.com

p.s. I love your profile picture...you always look so happy and positive:)