Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Shiny, Happy People...


My cute husband, Mr. Goff, is very fun and friendly- two of my favorite things about him! He is especially easy to talk to and as pleasant as can be, so when we encountered a less than peppy cashier during a family adventure to our local Sam's Club...
Peppy Cashier, we'll call her "Joy"/ "Lady J" says: (she actually says nothing)
Mr. Goff: "How are you doing tonight?"
Lady J: (silence)
Mr. Goff: "We'll I'm doing good!"
Lady J: (silence)
Mr.Goff: "Are you having a good night?"
Lady J: "uuhhh..."(mumbled very quietly)
Mr. Goff: "I'm having a good night!"
Lady J: (silence)
Mr. Goff: "So, anything exciting happen around here tonight?"
Lady J: (silence)
Lady J: "Your total comes to $$"
Mr. Goff: "Okay!!"
Lady J: (silence)
(At this point the card is swiped and I am totally hoping for the machine to ask if our cashier was friendly today, but no such luck...)
Mr. Goff: "You have a great night!!"
Lady J: (silence)
Mr. Goff: "I know I'm going to have a great night!!"
Lady J: (absolutely nothing)
**Even though Lady J was having an "introspective" night (ah, sure), I'll bet she'd be a total hoot at a BBQ or some other celebratory function-maybe not. Actually, she would rock at the "quiet game" or maybe even a staring contest, don't even get me started with 20 questions, but probably not charades...
Wherever you are, Lady J, I hope you are doing good and that you do have a super great night!!

3 comments:

Stacy said...

What a fun conversation that must have been. I found your blog from the Bush blog.

kthom said...

My eyes are tearing up from laughter...I can hear it, well I guess not hear HER but hear Paul, chattin it up. I'll bet he was actually enjoying himself once he figured out how she rolled. Maybe she was stunned into silence after being named "Employee of the month" or 'Miss Congeniality" or Laurie Jusha?? LUVed this post! xo

Alison said...

Ha ha! She must not be from Happy Valley. I guess Paul will have to turn to you for more lively conversation.