Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Pre-Turkey Day Jitters

For starters, Cael is totally into this "help mom in the kitchen" thing! And, by the way, cream cheese and whipped cream do make a tasty combo--Cael approves! And if you are wondering if Cael can also help you with your nails, he is very stealthy when it comes to finding the nail polish (even when it is hidden in a "special spot"--**note to self, find new "special spot") and uniquely/ disturbingly skilled when it comes to applying the polish to his own nails, so think how he could do with yours...


I went to this little movie 2 nights ago, I'm not sure that that many people have heard about it (no, it actually was not "Bolt")--my biggest beef with the show was all of the randomly growing purple pansies in the forest, which I did not find to be entirely believable. Mr. Goff found it incredible that I could completely accept the whole vampire/werewolf premise, but balk at the springy flowers ( for the record, he held down the house while I went to the show with some fun/ funny friends--he was very happy to let me go with people that were not him). Anyway, while I was away, Cael decided he had something against muffins in their entirity (lucky for me, though, the bottoms make such a nice presentation)...

That brings us to tonite, with Curtis getting almost all the way out to the garage fridge with this Thanksgiving's particularly delicious offering of "Yum Yum Yams"--oooooopppps... Accidents do happen (not everything spilled and we are quite thankful for paper towels) and fortunately, this was a very large batch, that is now not quite as large, but still enough for the sweet potato lovers tomorrow...
Happy Thanksgiving from our home to yours, may your yams be plentiful and your muffins complete!!

3 comments:

Emily Hyte said...

Remind me not to eat your yams! But I am sure everything else was delish!

Alison said...

Sounds like a fun week. So sorry to hear about the yams, they are my personal favorite. Yes, Cael is quite talented with the polish. Nice work on the muffins too! =)
Oh, and on a pathetic note...I still don't have a DVR. Maybe it's tragic? Maybe in a few years we'll get with the program. (We eventually ended up getting a DVD player.)

kthom said...

I don't know what I love more, the topless muffins or your new header.....how do you do that??? Love it...love you! Hey, so what are you doing say...ah, maybe ALL next week?!!!! YEA!